Thursday, March 14, 2013

Do you feel other people's pain?

J.P. Grider http://www.jpgrider.com/DO YOU FEEL OTHER PEOPLE'S PAIN? 

When your friends are hurting? Do you hurt?

Did it ever happen that someone close to you was having a toothache or a headache and suddenly you too ended up with a toothache or headache?

When a friend or family member is sad, do you get sad for them?

I do.

That's called empathy. 

And that's what my newly released young adult novel A TOUCH OF HONOR is about.

Honor is a seventeen year old girl who doesn't understand why she hurts all the time...that is until the hunky violet-eyed, blond-haired Ethan Sutherland comes to town and explains it to her. Then it all starts making sense...but when Ethan's morally corrupt but equally gorgeous half-brother Storm enters the picture, Honor's world gets more complicated. Not only does she need to decide who she likes more - Ethan or Storm, she also needs to figure out how to get away from the evil empaths who are after her.

A TOUCH OF HONOR is a paranormal story of a different kind...no werewolves, no vampires, no faeries. This is a tale about empaths - empaths who heal...and empaths who kill.  WILL HONOR BE ABLE TO SAVE HERSELF, WHILE SAVING HER FRIENDS?

I hope you enjoy Honor's story. I enjoyed writing her story, because I am an empath. I can't heal people like Honor can, but I certainly feel everyone else's pain - and let me tell you, it is absolutely NO FUN at all. But I am a compassionate person because of it. So...I'll take the good with the bad.

Smiles everyone!
J.P.





No comments:

Post a Comment